Cottonwood Crisis

COTTONWOOD COLUMN COMING SOON!

Bear with me, if you're looking for this week's column on a cottonwood tree that's browning on one side of the canopy, I'd like to add input I've received from others and look into this issue a little deeper before posting it. If I quote anyone I'll need to get their permission first. :)

Meanwhile, I've gotten 5 new tough, serious tree questions just today from Extension Agents and Master Gardener volunteers in Artesia, Truth or Consequences, Portales, Valencia, and Socorro. Yesterday I received 3 questions from Santa Fe, one from Las Cruces, and one from Santa Rosa!

Don't worry, I'm not complaining... or bragging. I'm honored to be a person others reach out to when their plants need help and I'm beyond humbled when I don't have the answers.

I'm amazed by how much our trees need and also by how much people care.
Please email me if you'd like to help me catalog these tree questions, submit a question of your own, become a detective and help crack a case, or want to collaborate on creating or revising Extension guides that answer these important questions.

To search the existing Extension Guides, visit https://aces.nmsu.edu/pubs/.  ;)


Sincerely,   Marisa Thompson



social media: Follow @NMDesertBlooms on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, AND Snapchat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Controlling Weedy/Invasive/Polleny Siberian Elm Trees

Saving Zinnia Seeds

Here Today, Gone Saguaro: Saguaros in New Mexico